Websites with Useful Information
Related To The Dietary And Medicinal
Study And Use Of Cannabis
- Cannabis Connections / Links to Links
- International Association of Cannabinoid Medicine Links
- National Cancer Institute Reveiw of Cannabis
- A definitive and current reveiw of cannabis, signalling a change at the top. Excellent lists of references.
Wikipedia Highlights: Online Education
- The sites of action of Phytocannabinoids
- ECS modulates cellular function, the more one knows about the range of cell structure and function the better one can conceive of phytocannabinoid influenced cellular modulation. Up and down regulation of the cell specific physiologic and pathophysiologic function.
- The Endogenous Cannabinoid System
- A group of neuromodulatory lipids and their receptors that are involved in a variety of physiological processes including appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory; it mediates the psychoactive effects of cannabis.
- Cannabinoid Receptors
- The Cannabinoid Receptors are one of several sites of actions of the Phytocannabinoids.
- Phytocannabinoids also have direct action of enzymes & channels. This article covers the generic principals.
- Overview of cannabis limited to psychoactive uses
- I hope if you are at this level at Cannabis International you are interested in anti-oxidant anti-inflammatory, anti-neoplastic, or other uses ideally in a preventive or therapeutic mode, more accurately in a phrase, developing recognition of cannabis as a ‘dietary essential’. Other than the initial comments, an incredible series of links.
- Medical Cannabis
- More on point, this medical cannabis page does not emphasize the cannabinoid acids that act at GPR55, affectionately known as the Orphan Receptor. There is no doubt it deserves to be CB3, the Phytocannabinoid Receptor, where the delicate cannabinoid acids act as an antagonist producing their potent anti-inflammatory effects.
- A pleasant reveiw of the diverse uses of cannabis.
- Beckley Foundation
- A well thought out global policy on ‘victimless crimes’.
- Search the Beckley Foundation library
- The Beckley Foundation online library comprises an extensive scientific bibliography, with research papers on consciousness and drug policy research.
- Patients out of Time
- Every two years, Patients out of Time presents a national CME qualified conference.
- ICRS / International Cannabinoid Research Society
- 20 years of rigorous research, presented in North America and Europe on alternating years. This year in Chicago. The annual ICRS Programme is an excellent overview of the breadth of research on the Endogenous Cannabinoid System, Exogenous ligands including synthetic and phytocannabioids. Go to the particular year and in the side bar is the Programme PDF. Drop on a CD, print & bind and pull up a very comfortable chair.
- International Association of Cannabinoid Medicine
- A bi-annual conference held in Germany, with affiliate conferences in other European countries.
- O’Shaughnessy’s Journal for Cannabis Clinicians
- US National Library of Medical Publications
- Google Patent Search
- Clinical Trials site
- Review of anti-oxidant trials
- Institute of Medicine
- Schaffer Library of Drug Policy
- Schaffer Library Table of Contents
- GGECO University
- Medical Cannabis Conference – Speakers
- Kristen Peskuski and myself presented, at some point they may be available online
- 707Cannabis College
- Oaksterdam University
A Resource For The Dietary And Medicinal
Study And Use Of Cannabis